Day 3: How to do trade reporting?
Trade reporting is a fashion merchandiser’s evaluation of product and inventory performance against market insights. It takes account of internal sales performance and external market factors to evaluate a brand’s progress and plan for future assortment.
In this third edition of our Fashion Merchandising: effective in-season management strategies video course, we learn all the ins and outs of trade reporting.
Meet the speakers:
Presented by Elaine Low and Aniq Wafi, we boiled down 40+ years of merchandising knowledge from global brands such as Chanel, Louis Vuitton, Topshop and more into a simple easy-to-follow 5 day series on in-season management strategies.
What you will learn from the webinar:
- The definition of trade reporting
- Standard procedures of trade reporting
- A tutorial on WSSI, a comprehensive trade reporting tool
Trade reporting is…
The evaluation of the sales, product and inventory performance against market insights – compiled and analysed by a merchandiser.
What are the benefits of trade reporting?
- Understanding the progress of your retail business
- Strategising the merchandising plan to achieve the sales target
- Reacting to market changes
- Analysing competitor performance
- Maintaining a healthy inventory position
- Keeping markdowns low
- Sustaining a steady cash flow
The sequence of trade reporting:
Tools required in trade reporting:
An example of a WSSI template
For a complete tutorial of the WSSI process, please refer to the webinar.
Stay tuned to your inbox for the next course.