Day 3: How to do trade reporting?
Trade reporting is a fashion merchandiser’s evaluation of product and inventory performance against market insights. It takes account of internal sales performance and external market factors to evaluate a brand’s progress and plan for future assortment.
In this third edition of our Fashion Merchandising: effective in-season management strategies video course, we learn all the ins and outs of trade reporting.
Meet the speakers:
Presented by Elaine Low and Aniq Wafi, we boiled down 40+ years of merchandising knowledge from global brands such as Chanel, Louis Vuitton, Topshop and more into a simple easy-to-follow 5 day series on in-season management strategies.
What you will learn from the webinar:
- The definition of trade reporting
- Standard procedures of trade reporting
- A tutorial on WSSI, a comprehensive trade reporting tool
Trade reporting is…
The evaluation of the sales, product and inventory performance against market insights – compiled and analysed by a merchandiser.
What are the benefits of trade reporting?
- Understanding the progress of your retail business
- Strategising the merchandising plan to achieve the sales target
- Reacting to market changes
- Analysing competitor performance
- Maintaining a healthy inventory position
- Keeping markdowns low
- Sustaining a steady cash flow
The sequence of trade reporting:
Tools required in trade reporting:
An example of a WSSI template
For a complete tutorial of the WSSI process, please refer to the webinar.
Stay tuned to your inbox for the next course.
Receive Weekly Industry Roundups
Sign up to receive the latest industry insights, news and weekly updates delivered straight to your inbox.