Day 5: Recap of effective in-season management strategies
Throughout our series on Fashion Merchandising: effective in-season management strategies, our retail experts shared various merchandising concepts and best-practices they’ve gathered from working with global brands such as Chanel and Topshop. In the last episode of our series, we take a look back at the core concepts of a complete retail business process, in-season management in the world of merchandising, trade reporting and competitor analysis.
Meet the speakers
Presented by Elaine Low and Aniq Wafi, we boiled down 40+ years of merchandising knowledge from global brands such as Chanel, Louis Vuitton, Topshop and more into a simple easy-to-follow 5 day series on in-season management strategies.
What you will learn from the webinar:
1. The 5 steps of the complete retail business process
2. What you need to know to carry out trade reporting
3. How to gain a holistic view of the market and demands by studying competitors
5 Key stages within the complete retail business process
How the complete retail business process fits into the fashion merchandising seasonal approaches:
Trade Reporting is an evaluation of the sales, product and inventory performance, compiled and analysed by the merchandiser.
Keeping an eye on the competition is crucial to understand market shifts, popular trends and consumer demands.
An effective competitor analysis is always backed by data and starts with establishing a macro view at market level, before drilling down to the micro view analysis.
- Macro-view: Total sell-out performance by brand, full price vs. discounted contributions, median price and price spread
- Micro-view: Category analysis by new-in and replenished, bestsellers and slow sellers, pricing and discounting strategies, colour mixes
Receive Weekly Industry Roundups
Sign up to receive the latest industry insights, news and weekly updates delivered straight to your inbox.