Revamping Wholesale: International Expansion to Boost Market Share
Why Australian Brands Need to Look Beyond ANZ Borders to Survive
Guest: Natasha Zurnamer, Retail Strategist and Advisor
Host: Matthew Lovett, Director of Retail of Omnilytics
In light of the Covid-19 pandemic, the wholesale business model is facing heavy disruptions. With retailers cancelling orders for the coming season and reducing buying budgets for the rest of the year, the trading season has been thrown in massive disarray. Moreover, as consumers get used to social distancing, physical retail will likely suffer even post-crisis – making e-commerce more vital than ever.
This is particularly worrying for fashion brands in Australia, where most brands operate on wholesale distribution. A slow trading season in Q2 means they’ll be cash strapped in producing next season’s collections which will ultimately impact both brands and retailers in the future. To survive, homegrown brands will have to start looking beyond Australia’s borders.
During this webinar, your hosts Matthew Lovett, Director of Retail of Omnilytics and leading retail strategist and advisor, Natasha Zurnamer discuss:
- Effectively utilising digital sales channels for international expansion
- Creating the right product assortment for every market
- Decoding the ‘new normal’ for merchandising now that internal sales data is no longer indicative of future performance
- Diversifying sales channels through different types of retailers and marketplaces
- Taking advantage of the weak AUD for exporting to foreign markets